Good morning!!! I recently did an interview for the book website Freado, in which I briefly discussed the ending to Our Love and what to expect from A Chance At Love. Take a look below:
1. Could you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I was born and raised in Houston, TX (which readers probably guessed since all my books are based in Houston), I’m a wife and a mother to a six year old son and I’m an indie author trying to find my way in the literary world.
2. Describe your book ‘Our Love’ in 30 words or less.
‘Our Love’ is a coming of age story about a young interracial couple who not only discover the love they have for each other but also discovering who they are as individuals.
3. What was the hardest part of writing your book?
I think the hardest part of writing ‘Our Love’ was the ending. When I wrote this book, I had two different endings, and at the time, I chose an ending that didn’t go well with readers, so I changed it. But I did think with the ending, I was conflicted because I didn’t know which direction I wanted to take the couple since they went through so much throughout the book; but I think at the end, the current ending fit the story perfectly.
4. What books have had the greatest influence on you?
Growing up, I was hugely obsessed with anything ‘Sweet Valley,’ whether it was ‘Sweet Valley High’, ‘Sweet Valley Twins’, the university series; I had each and every book. I think those books made a huge impact to why I wanted to write throughout the years.
5. Briefly share with us what you do to market your book? The Internet and social media are the two most important elements to marketing my book. With the Internet, I will go on my blog to post updates and information regarding my books. I will also use other book sites (including Freado). Social media is very important, because everyone has an account with a particular site. Just posting a tweet or sending a message on Facebook will gain fans or readers who are interested in a certain book.
6. How do you spend your time when you are not writing? When I’m not writing, I like to watch TV, listen to music, or just spend time with my family. Relaxing is also an important element when I’m not writing.
7. What are you working on next?
I’m currently working on the sequel to ‘In Love With My Best Friend,’ titled ‘A Chance At Love.’ This is Tia and Charles’ story, so for anyone who has read ‘In Love With My Best Friend’ is in for a real treat, because their story is completely different from Camille and Trevor’s story.
I’m also doing a giveaway on the site for a free copy of Our Love. If interested, sign-up at the link on my Contest and Giveaway page. The next time to enter is December 20th. Good luck!!